Sunday, January 8, 2012

So it's the New Year!

2012... the FUTURE!  No flying cars, but not sure I want flying cars more than I'd like to see a few awesome robots doing awesome things.  I've always liked robots, it's something I thought of when I thought of "the future".  All this doomsday hooplah can go get stuffed, give me high tech lights, sounds, and robots.

I don't get why people want the world to end, right when things are getting interesting.  And by interesting, I mean in a whole mess of ways both good and bad.  Climate change, biological changes, and my life's about to turn a corner.  Being a mom is going to be a real trip, I can tell that already.  Having someone call me "Mommy" and eventually "Mom" is going to be a real strange feeling.  The cats just call me "meow", but it's a step in the right direction.

What are my hopes for this year?  To survive the year!  I can't think too far ahead because I'll get overwhelmed, but there are some awesome games to look forward to.  I think even with a baby, I'll find time to enjoy good games.  Guild Wars 2, for a start!  I'm sooooo excited for Guild Wars 2, even if I don't get to play it right away my hubby can play it for me and YouTube will probably be flooded with some awesome game play.  I'm kind of also looking forward to the glitches... 8B  I can't help it.  Ever since the alpha and beta days of Ragnarok Online, I've found that being the first to discover interesting glitches and bug reporting to be fun.  You can't tell me there won't be game breakers.  When the original Guild Wars was first implemented, there were grammatical errors, nationalization errors, and plain old bugs.

If you've never heard or played the cinematics for Guild Wars using the other language packs, you really should.  Some of it is hilarious when you're used to the character sounding one way and she ends up sounding another when her language is swapped.  Hearing "Koss" from the Nightfall expansion speak in Spanish was a riot.

I'm not sure why, but I really like Chinese New Year.  It's got its own set of traditions, colors, sounds and Guild Wars also implements it into their Factions expansion by calling it "Canthan New Year".  This year, the lunar animal will be the dragon, so I'm probably guessing it'll have the salt spray dragon skin done in stars much like the Celestial Dragon summon from the summoning stone.

Ooooh, a reskin of the Skyrim dragons done in stars would kick ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment