Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yoiks!

Haven't updated in a while. D:  I'm lousy about keeping up blogs.  I always have been, my Deviant Art one is just as bad and the one I made for my official website's been collecting dust for centuries.  Do people even use their personal websites for anything other than slapping a blog into it these days?  With Facebook, things like personal and professional websites are probably getting just as neglected than mine.

Lately my current projects include making some digital, printable designs for Etsy to see if I can get some scrapbook/paper craft interests and making felt toys to see if I can get soft sculpture interest.  I've only used sheets of felt and embroidery floss with simple chain and blanket stitches.  One day I'll be brave enough to learn French knots and fancier stitches.  I think I've got the hang of getting blanket stitches even all around a border and I've made three creature designs from scratch.

I made two Dotee dolls last year and those are still sitting there unsold, so I'm not sure that's going to go anywhere.  There seems to be more interest in my felt stuffies so I'll see if I can sell a few of the spare ones I've made.  I usually make a set of each new animal type I create.  I've made fish, owls, and manta rays so far.  Today I'm going to make some templates and attempt something for spring and something for my father-in-law's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment